Thursday, September 1, 2011

Punishment From God?

http://www.redletterchristians.org/start/

It makes me absolutely ill when people who claim to know a thing or two about God put forth the idea that natural or man-made disasters and tragedies are some sort of punishment for what they deem "evil".  It's even worse coming from our elected officials.  My beautiful state of Oklahoma seems to be full of these types and I do wish that the good people of this state would stop electing them! 

Above is a great short blog by theologian Shane Claiborne on the whole idea that disasters are a punishment from God.  “God is love.  God is not out to get the world, God is out to save it.”

I don't know why bad things happen.  I'm not going to pretend to know, but I do know that they are not caused by a loving God.  God is where we turn when disaster strikes, our harbor and refuge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment