Monday, August 22, 2011

New Mexico

Well, the charger I brought for my iPhone didn't work out and by day 2 of our trip it had died.  So much for my blogging app while I was away.  In the future, however, I'm sure it will come in handy!  Anyway, now that I'm back home I'll share some of my pics of the Santa Fe National Forest.  Stay tuned for some of the Cadillac ranch art installation outside of Amarillo, downtown Santa Fe, and others . . .



The cruelest part of a trip like this is returning to the unrelenting 105-degree Okie heat after frolicking in the 65-degree New Mexico mountain weather.  Even 90-degrees in Los Alamos felt divine!  I woke up shivering one day at our campsite and turned to my husband and said, "it feels great to be cold!"  I'm known for always being cold and constantly complaining about it.  He looked at me with a very surprised face and said, "In the 16 years we've been married, that's definitely a first!"

No comments:

Post a Comment